Updated Jul 4, 2014 - 12:46 pm
Report: Phoenix Suns owner Sarver meets with LeBron James' agent in Cleveland
ESPN NBA reporter Chris Broussard tweeted Thursday that owner Robert Sarver met with LeBron James' agent Rich Paul Wednesday in Cleveland, which is another destination the four-time MVP is considering. Paul is also the agent for Suns restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe.
Last weekend, Yahoo! Sports reported that the Suns wanted to make a joint pitch to James and seven-time All-Star Carmelo Anthony, both of whom have opted out of their contracts.
Broussard said that teaming James and Anthony was discussed Wednesday, but he also said that Sarver talked about pairing James with his Miami Heat teammate Chris Bosh in Phoenix.
Bosh averaged 16.2 points and 6.6 rebounds in the regular season last year with Miami, his 11th in the league. Bosh, Anthony and James were all taken in the 2003 NBA Draft, comprising three of the top four picks.
Broussard's tweet is the first to mention a Bosh-to-Phoenix scenario.
The Suns are one of four teams to have met with James' agent up until this point -- Cleveland, Houston and Dallas being the others -- in Cleveland, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports said on Twitter Thursday that three finalists could return to Cleveland next to make presentations to James' agent and the superstar himself. The Yahoo! reporter did not say which three have been chosen.
The Suns have been active in free agency all week. They've expressed interest in small forward Gordon Hayward and power forward Pau Gasol, and Thursday the team brought center Spencer Hawes into Phoenix for a meeting.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.