Updated Jul 5, 2014 - 1:06 pm
Report: Milwaukee Bucks to make offer to Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe
ESPN reporter Marc Stein tweeted Saturday that Milwaukee will be pitching an offer sheet to Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe, who is a restricted free agent. Stein also said that the Bucks are pursuing RFA Greivis Vasquez of the Toronto Raptors and considering a trade for Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin.
Bledsoe, 24, would make $3.7 million next season if he finishes out his current contract. The Suns would be able to match any offer that other teams might make to him this summer.
In his first season as a full-time starter, the 6-foot-1 combo guard put up 17.7 points, 5.5 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game in 43 contests. He missed a good portion of the year after tearing meniscus cartilage in his right knee and undergoing arthroscopic surgery.
Vasquez is also a restricted free agent who is scheduled to make $3.2 million in 2014-15. Despite leading the league in assists in 2012-13 with the New Orleans Pelicans, the 27-year-old Vasquez has played on four teams in his four-year career. Last year between Toronto and Sacramento, the 6-foot-6 guard posted 9.6 points and 4.1 assists in 22.5 minutes per contest, a significant drop from his numbers a season prior.
After earning around $5 million in each of his first two seasons with the Rockets, the 25-year-old Lin is scheduled to make nearly $15 million in 2014-15, the final year of his contract.
Houston seems committed to Patrick Beverley at point guard going forward, and thus Lin's price has made him a popular trade candidate this summer. The four-year veteran reportedly wasn't happy when Houston hosted free agent Carmelo Anthony on Wednesday and featured a Photoshopped banner of the star forward in a Rockets jersey with Lin's No. 7.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.