Report: Teams trying to acquire Suns forward P.J. Tucker via sign-and-trade
According to Yahoo! Sports' Mark J. Spears, unnamed teams currently seeking Tucker's services are hesitant about making any type of offer, because the widespread belief is that the Phoenix Suns will be quick to match it.
To combat that issue, however, Spears added that some teams have already reached out to the Suns with the intention of acquiring the 29-year-old via a sign-and-trade deal.
In his second full NBA season, Tucker averaged career-highs in points (9.4), rebounds (6.5), assists (1.7) and steals (1.4) per game, while also establishing himself as one of the league's elite perimeter defenders.
If he has his way, though, Tucker sounds like a man who wants to return to the Suns in 2014-15.
"I love Phoenix, and I hope to be back in Phoenix," Tucker told Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Burns and Gambo on June 12. "Phoenix has been my home the last two years, and it's been awesome. I love everybody in the organization -- top to bottom. (The) front office has been great, and they've shown me so much love. So, it's always near and dear."
For his services last season, the two-time Majerle Hustle Award-winner made just under $900,000.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.