Report: Suns in early stages of contract talks with Eric Bledsoe's agent
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Suns are in the early stages of contract talks with Paul regarding his other highly sought-after client, Eric Bledsoe.
Bledsoe, a restricted free agent, recorded career-highs in points (17.7), assists (5.5), rebounds (4.7) and steals (1.6) per game, despite being limited to just 43 games due to a torn meniscus in his right knee.
The fourth-year guard out of Kentucky, who was acquired in May 2013 following a three-team trade between the Los Angeles Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix, made $2.6 million in 2013-14.
Spears' report comes just hours after ESPN insider Marc Stein suggested that the Bucks, led by new coach Jason Kidd, planned to make Bledsoe a substantial offer.
Should Bledsoe warrant a max contract from Phoenix or any other potential suitor, based on the league's cap projections for the 2014-15 season, he would make somewhere just south of $15 million per year -- given his 0-6 years of his experience.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.