Report: Suns in early stages of contract talks with Eric Bledsoe's agent
According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Suns are in the early stages of contract talks with Paul regarding his other highly sought-after client, Eric Bledsoe.
Bledsoe, a restricted free agent, recorded career-highs in points (17.7), assists (5.5), rebounds (4.7) and steals (1.6) per game, despite being limited to just 43 games due to a torn meniscus in his right knee.
The fourth-year guard out of Kentucky, who was acquired in May 2013 following a three-team trade between the Los Angeles Clippers, Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix, made $2.6 million in 2013-14.
Spears' report comes just hours after ESPN insider Marc Stein suggested that the Bucks, led by new coach Jason Kidd, planned to make Bledsoe a substantial offer.
Should Bledsoe warrant a max contract from Phoenix or any other potential suitor, based on the league's cap projections for the 2014-15 season, he would make somewhere just south of $15 million per year -- given his 0-6 years of his experience.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.