The Pulse: Fans think the Suns should replace Channing Frye via trade or free agent signing
On Tuesday, we asked how should the Phoenix Suns go about replacing starting power forward Channing Frye, who left the team Monday after signing a four-year, $32 million deal with the Orlando Magic.
With 497 votes tallied, readers really were torn between two options: Search for a starter via trade or free agency or Look to add depth behind Markieff Morris.
Taking home 43 percent of the vote, the former option won out, as a majority of fans expressed a desire for Suns general manager Ryan McDonough to go find Frye's replacement on the open market.
After missing all of the 2012-13 season, Frye returned for Phoenix's 48-34 campaign and averaged 11.1 points and 5.1 rebounds per game. The former UA standout was also the only Sun to start in all 82 games.
While Frye had a big season in his return to the court, sixth man extraordinaire Markieff Morris wasn't too shabby himself in his third professional season. Playing in just over 26 minutes per game, the former No. 13 overall pick averaged career-highs in points (13.8) and rebounds (6.0) per game.
That effort left 39 percent of readers to believe that the Suns best course of action is to promote the former Jayhawk into Frye's role, and in the process add depth to the bench.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.