Phoenix Suns' Bogdan Bogdanovic puts it in writing that he will stay in Europe for at least one more season
Suns and Bogdan Bogdanovic have agreed in writing that he will not join this season, therefore his cap hold for the 2015 season is expunged.— Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) July 10, 2014
The Suns selected Bogdanovic 27th overall, but had long stated a desire not to add three rookies to their roster this season. Having already nabbed T.J. Warren and Tyler Ennis earlier in the draft, the goal with their final first-round selection was to find a "draft-and-stash" option, which they did.
The 21-year-old Bogdanovic is an interesting prospect. Last year, for Partizan Belgrade in the Euroleague, he averaged 12.7 points, 3.7 assists and 3.7 rebounds per contest. A 6-foot-6 swingman, he also averaged 9.4 points, 4.3 rebounds and two assists per game while playing for the Serbian National Team at the FIBA EuroBasket 2013.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni