Updated Jul 12, 2014 - 2:21 pm
New Phoenix Suns point guard Isaiah Thomas: By The Numbers
The deal was finalized Saturday morning, as 2013 second-round draftee Alex Oriakhi was sent from Phoenix to the Sacramento Kings as part of a sign-and-trade agreement.
Thomas, currently a restricted free agent, has played all three of his NBA seasons with the Kings.
Here's a closer look at Thomas by the numbers:
Among qualified point guards last season, Thomas' turnovers per game average of 2.9 was sixth-worst in the league. Only Ty Lawson, Michael Carter-Williams, John Wall, Stephen Curry and Russell Westbrook were worse in that department.
At 5-foot-9, Thomas and Nuggets guard Nate Robinson currently are the league's smallest active players.
If the Suns are able to complete a deal to acquire Thomas, they will have six guards -- Eric Bledsoe, Gerald Green, Goran Dragic, Ish Smith, Tyler Ennis and Thomas -- on their roster.
Thought to be a shoot-first point guard, Thomas wasn't too shabby as a passer in 2013-14. The Tacoma, Wash. native finished 12th in the league in assists per game (6.3) -- a higher average than both Bledsoe and Dragic.
The 25-year-old is awfully familiar with the Suns organization as he's played more games against Phoenix (11) than any other franchise. In those 11 games, Thomas has averaged 15.9 points and 4.3 assists per game.
Thomas finished the 2013-14 campaign tied for 17th in scoring along with Dragic. Both averaged 20.3 points per game.
The third-year pro played in 72 games last season. Of those 72 games, Thomas scored 20 or more points in 46 of them.
On the night of the 2011 NBA Draft, Thomas was the last player to hear his name as the Kings selected him the 60th and final pick.
Thomas has played in more games (216) than any of the other 29 players taken in the second round -- three more than Chandler Parsons (213).
During his three years with Sacramento, the former Husky excelled as both a starter and a reserve. However of his 216 career games played, Thomas has started 70.8 percent of the time.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.