Updated Jul 12, 2014 - 2:21 pm
New Phoenix Suns point guard Isaiah Thomas: By The Numbers
The deal was finalized Saturday morning, as 2013 second-round draftee Alex Oriakhi was sent from Phoenix to the Sacramento Kings as part of a sign-and-trade agreement.
Thomas, currently a restricted free agent, has played all three of his NBA seasons with the Kings.
Here's a closer look at Thomas by the numbers:
Among qualified point guards last season, Thomas' turnovers per game average of 2.9 was sixth-worst in the league. Only Ty Lawson, Michael Carter-Williams, John Wall, Stephen Curry and Russell Westbrook were worse in that department.
At 5-foot-9, Thomas and Nuggets guard Nate Robinson currently are the league's smallest active players.
If the Suns are able to complete a deal to acquire Thomas, they will have six guards -- Eric Bledsoe, Gerald Green, Goran Dragic, Ish Smith, Tyler Ennis and Thomas -- on their roster.
Thought to be a shoot-first point guard, Thomas wasn't too shabby as a passer in 2013-14. The Tacoma, Wash. native finished 12th in the league in assists per game (6.3) -- a higher average than both Bledsoe and Dragic.
The 25-year-old is awfully familiar with the Suns organization as he's played more games against Phoenix (11) than any other franchise. In those 11 games, Thomas has averaged 15.9 points and 4.3 assists per game.
Thomas finished the 2013-14 campaign tied for 17th in scoring along with Dragic. Both averaged 20.3 points per game.
The third-year pro played in 72 games last season. Of those 72 games, Thomas scored 20 or more points in 46 of them.
On the night of the 2011 NBA Draft, Thomas was the last player to hear his name as the Kings selected him the 60th and final pick.
Thomas has played in more games (216) than any of the other 29 players taken in the second round -- three more than Chandler Parsons (213).
During his three years with Sacramento, the former Husky excelled as both a starter and a reserve. However of his 216 career games played, Thomas has started 70.8 percent of the time.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.