Phoenix Suns center Alex Len to miss the rest of Summer League with finger injury
The bad news: The team announced Sunday that Len will miss the rest of the Summer League.
The good news: The injury has nothing to do with his feet.
The team said Len, the fifth overall draft pick of 2013, has a fifth finger fracture on his right hand, and that he will be returning to Phoenix to be evaluated.
The 7-foot-1 center has had surgery on both of his ankles, and he missed significant time in 2013-14 as he recovered from the most recent operation. In fact, Saturday was his first -- and apparently only, to this point -- Summer League game, as he missed all of last year's Las Vegas exhibitions as a rookie.
The Maryland product played in 42 games (starting in three) for Phoenix as a rookie, posting 2.0 points and 2.4 rebounds in 8.6 minutes per contest.
Phoenix lost its first Summer League contest 74-72 to Golden State, but will try again for its first win against the Milwaukee Bucks at 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.