Phoenix Suns center Alex Len to miss the rest of Summer League with finger injury
The bad news: The team announced Sunday that Len will miss the rest of the Summer League.
The good news: The injury has nothing to do with his feet.
The team said Len, the fifth overall draft pick of 2013, has a fifth finger fracture on his right hand, and that he will be returning to Phoenix to be evaluated.
The 7-foot-1 center has had surgery on both of his ankles, and he missed significant time in 2013-14 as he recovered from the most recent operation. In fact, Saturday was his first -- and apparently only, to this point -- Summer League game, as he missed all of last year's Las Vegas exhibitions as a rookie.
The Maryland product played in 42 games (starting in three) for Phoenix as a rookie, posting 2.0 points and 2.4 rebounds in 8.6 minutes per contest.
Phoenix lost its first Summer League contest 74-72 to Golden State, but will try again for its first win against the Milwaukee Bucks at 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.