Phoenix Suns waive point guard Ish Smith
Smith, 26, was acquired by the Suns last August in a trade with Milwaukee that also brought center Slava Kravtsov to the desert and sent veteran Caron Butler to the Bucks.
In 70 games as a reserve guard, Smith averaged 3.7 points and 2.6 assists in 14.4 minutes of playing time.
"We thank Ish Smith for his contributions to the Suns," President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said in a statement. "He played with an infectious joy. We wish him well."
Smith was expendable following the Suns' acquisition of point guard Isaiah Thomas last week.
In 191 career NBA games with Houston, Memphis, Golden State, Orlando, Milwaukee and Phoenix, Smith has averaged 2.9 points and 2.0 assists per contest.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.