Updated Feb 27, 2012 - 3:00 pm
NL West Champ Camp Notes: Monday 2/27
Collmenter continues to work on a curveball. "We tried to have him work on that all last year," said manager Kirk Gibson. "I want him to use that curveball more. He got a couple of big strikeouts on it (last year)."
• Reliever Craig Breslow threw a bullpen, one day after he was limited in workouts because of a stiff right calf as a result of running the bases on Saturday.
• Stephen Drew continues to make progress. "He's pretty fluid out there," said Gibson after watching Drew take ground balls. "He went to his right and planted, went up the middle, reverse pivoted, went up the middle and threw across his body."
"I think he feels good," added Gibson. "(Tuesday) we may transition him in with his regular group."
The next step is for Drew to run the bases but "we won't be doing that anytime soon" explained Gibson.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.