Updated Feb 27, 2012 - 3:00 pm
NL West Champ Camp Notes: Monday 2/27
Collmenter continues to work on a curveball. "We tried to have him work on that all last year," said manager Kirk Gibson. "I want him to use that curveball more. He got a couple of big strikeouts on it (last year)."
• Reliever Craig Breslow threw a bullpen, one day after he was limited in workouts because of a stiff right calf as a result of running the bases on Saturday.
• Stephen Drew continues to make progress. "He's pretty fluid out there," said Gibson after watching Drew take ground balls. "He went to his right and planted, went up the middle, reverse pivoted, went up the middle and threw across his body."
"I think he feels good," added Gibson. "(Tuesday) we may transition him in with his regular group."
The next step is for Drew to run the bases but "we won't be doing that anytime soon" explained Gibson.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.