NL West Champ Camp Notes: Monday 2/27
Collmenter continues to work on a curveball. "We tried to have him work on that all last year," said manager Kirk Gibson. "I want him to use that curveball more. He got a couple of big strikeouts on it (last year)."
• Reliever Craig Breslow threw a bullpen, one day after he was limited in workouts because of a stiff right calf as a result of running the bases on Saturday.
• Stephen Drew continues to make progress. "He's pretty fluid out there," said Gibson after watching Drew take ground balls. "He went to his right and planted, went up the middle, reverse pivoted, went up the middle and threw across his body."
"I think he feels good," added Gibson. "(Tuesday) we may transition him in with his regular group."
The next step is for Drew to run the bases but "we won't be doing that anytime soon" explained Gibson.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer