Updated Feb 27, 2012 - 3:00 pm
NL West Champ Camp Notes: Monday 2/27
Collmenter continues to work on a curveball. "We tried to have him work on that all last year," said manager Kirk Gibson. "I want him to use that curveball more. He got a couple of big strikeouts on it (last year)."
• Reliever Craig Breslow threw a bullpen, one day after he was limited in workouts because of a stiff right calf as a result of running the bases on Saturday.
• Stephen Drew continues to make progress. "He's pretty fluid out there," said Gibson after watching Drew take ground balls. "He went to his right and planted, went up the middle, reverse pivoted, went up the middle and threw across his body."
"I think he feels good," added Gibson. "(Tuesday) we may transition him in with his regular group."
The next step is for Drew to run the bases but "we won't be doing that anytime soon" explained Gibson.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.