Updated Feb 27, 2012 - 3:00 pm
NL West Champ Camp Notes: Monday 2/27
Collmenter continues to work on a curveball. "We tried to have him work on that all last year," said manager Kirk Gibson. "I want him to use that curveball more. He got a couple of big strikeouts on it (last year)."
• Reliever Craig Breslow threw a bullpen, one day after he was limited in workouts because of a stiff right calf as a result of running the bases on Saturday.
• Stephen Drew continues to make progress. "He's pretty fluid out there," said Gibson after watching Drew take ground balls. "He went to his right and planted, went up the middle, reverse pivoted, went up the middle and threw across his body."
"I think he feels good," added Gibson. "(Tuesday) we may transition him in with his regular group."
The next step is for Drew to run the bases but "we won't be doing that anytime soon" explained Gibson.
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.