Diamondbacks agree to terms with 15 players
It looks like some Arizona Diamondbacks players will be sticking around for a bit longer.
In a Saturday press release, the organization announced that it had reached an agreement with 15 pre-arbitration players to renew their contracts.
Some notable players who signed are starting pitchers Daniel Hudson, Josh Collmenter and Ian Kennedy, along with Gold Glove-winning outfielder Gerardo Parra.
The rest of the D-backs who signed are David Hernandez, Sam Demel, Barry Enright, Brett Lorin, Yonata Ortega, Bryan Shaw, Zach Kroenke, Wade Miley, Joe Paterson, Mike Zagurski, Konrad Schmidt, Craig Tatum, Cole Gillespie, David Winfree and Paul Goldschmidt.
The renewals now mean that all 40 players currently on the roster are under contract for the 2012 season.
The press release did not specify the terms of any of the contracts.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.