Diamondbacks agree to terms with 15 players
It looks like some Arizona Diamondbacks players will be sticking around for a bit longer.
In a Saturday press release, the organization announced that it had reached an agreement with 15 pre-arbitration players to renew their contracts.
Some notable players who signed are starting pitchers Daniel Hudson, Josh Collmenter and Ian Kennedy, along with Gold Glove-winning outfielder Gerardo Parra.
The rest of the D-backs who signed are David Hernandez, Sam Demel, Barry Enright, Brett Lorin, Yonata Ortega, Bryan Shaw, Zach Kroenke, Wade Miley, Joe Paterson, Mike Zagurski, Konrad Schmidt, Craig Tatum, Cole Gillespie, David Winfree and Paul Goldschmidt.
The renewals now mean that all 40 players currently on the roster are under contract for the 2012 season.
The press release did not specify the terms of any of the contracts.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.