Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 2:40 pm
Manager Gibson not worried about Trevor Cahill
"Pretty inconsistent with his stuff. He hasn't thrown his changeup as much as he probably will in the season," Gibson said. "Threw only three breaking balls."
Cahill got the loss Sunday and is currently 0-3 this spring. Gibson says Cahill's working on some things as well.
"He's trying to get his release point on his sinker. He's tried some mechanical adjustments and he's just kind of tinkering with that, so he's not locked in by any means."
Cahill fell behind most of the hitters against his former team, and this spring has an ERA of 7.88 in eight innings pitched. But Gibson still has confidence in his new pitcher.
"He's working, I talked to him today. He's working and he'll be okay by opening day."
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.