Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 2:40 pm
Manager Gibson not worried about Trevor Cahill
"Pretty inconsistent with his stuff. He hasn't thrown his changeup as much as he probably will in the season," Gibson said. "Threw only three breaking balls."
Cahill got the loss Sunday and is currently 0-3 this spring. Gibson says Cahill's working on some things as well.
"He's trying to get his release point on his sinker. He's tried some mechanical adjustments and he's just kind of tinkering with that, so he's not locked in by any means."
Cahill fell behind most of the hitters against his former team, and this spring has an ERA of 7.88 in eight innings pitched. But Gibson still has confidence in his new pitcher.
"He's working, I talked to him today. He's working and he'll be okay by opening day."
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.