Manager Gibson not worried about Trevor Cahill
"Pretty inconsistent with his stuff. He hasn't thrown his changeup as much as he probably will in the season," Gibson said. "Threw only three breaking balls."
Cahill got the loss Sunday and is currently 0-3 this spring. Gibson says Cahill's working on some things as well.
"He's trying to get his release point on his sinker. He's tried some mechanical adjustments and he's just kind of tinkering with that, so he's not locked in by any means."
Cahill fell behind most of the hitters against his former team, and this spring has an ERA of 7.88 in eight innings pitched. But Gibson still has confidence in his new pitcher.
"He's working, I talked to him today. He's working and he'll be okay by opening day."
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series