MLB insider: Diamondbacks to play in World Series
Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com released his 2012 MLB predictions story, and he has the team that calls Arizona home reaching the World Series.
He has his reasons.
The deepest team in the NL, and that's why I'm picking them to go to the World Series. The D-backs can withstand the absence of shortstop Stephen Drew, who is still recovering from a broken right ankle. The addition of Jason Kubel gives them four legitimate outfielders, and three youngsters — righty Trevor Bauer and lefties Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin — are candidates to join a rotation that already includes lefty Joe Saunders as the fifth starter. Lots of options, lots to like.
Rosenthal has the Diamondbacks winning the NL West and topping the Cincinnati Reds in the NLDS before knocking off the San Francisco Giants in the NLCS.
From there, though, he has them losing to the Detroit Tigers, who he lists as the best team in baseball.
Maybe D-backs fans would take that, though a World Series loss would be a bitter pill to swallow. Then again, if you want to hold out some hope that the D-backs may win their second championship this season, note that Rosenthal himself had a rough go of it with predictions just last season, correctly picking just one division winner.
It got worse from there.
As if that's not bad enough, my World Series pick was the Red Sox over the Atlanta Braves (I had the Braves winning the NL wild card).
So Rosenthal has the D-backs reaching the World Series. Let's hope he's right.
After that, though, let's hope his prediction is a little off.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.