ESPN insider: MLB's best 'pen carrying NL's best team
Well then, it's a good thing the D-backs have a good bullpen.
Sure it's early in the season, but the fact that the 'pen has allowed just two runs in 15.2 innings of work thus far is reminiscent of the work they did last year in transforming from one of the game's worst group of relievers into one of the best.
And part of the reason why Kurkjian things they are the best team in the National League.
"They are the best team that I saw this spring and I think that every other team in the National League -- and I know the Diamondbacks have some holes -- but every team in the National League, to me, has a significant hole except for the Diamondbacks," he said.
Kurkjian said he thinks the D-backs are better than last year when they won 94 games, with an improved rotation and a lineup that is loaded with depth.
"I think they're the best team in the league, and I think that's saying something," he said. "Because what's been proven the last two years by the Giants and the Cardinals, if you get in, anything can happen."
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.