ESPN insider: MLB's best 'pen carrying NL's best team
Well then, it's a good thing the D-backs have a good bullpen.
Sure it's early in the season, but the fact that the 'pen has allowed just two runs in 15.2 innings of work thus far is reminiscent of the work they did last year in transforming from one of the game's worst group of relievers into one of the best.
And part of the reason why Kurkjian things they are the best team in the National League.
"They are the best team that I saw this spring and I think that every other team in the National League -- and I know the Diamondbacks have some holes -- but every team in the National League, to me, has a significant hole except for the Diamondbacks," he said.
Kurkjian said he thinks the D-backs are better than last year when they won 94 games, with an improved rotation and a lineup that is loaded with depth.
"I think they're the best team in the league, and I think that's saying something," he said. "Because what's been proven the last two years by the Giants and the Cardinals, if you get in, anything can happen."
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer