D-backs president Hall enjoying team's fast start
"I don't want to have to play catch-up," he said.
At 4-1 the Diamondbacks have done pretty much exactly that, but Hall, as a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, said it all evens out.
"A lot of people have asked me 'oh, how great was it to sweep the Giants,'" he said, "I said it was very nice because it was opening weekend and we had big crowds there, but it is going to all even out.
"There could be, obviously, a three-game series up in San Francisco that we get swept, that's just how baseball is."
That's not to say, though, that Hall is worried about what's to come. In fact, he admitted to taking a little extra satisfaction to the opening weekend sweep.
"I think what's happened here in the last year or so is the Giants seem to be our biggest rival right now," he said. "There's Giants fans that just can't stand us.
"I think they feel stronger against us than they do the Dodgers right now, which says a lot about where our team was last year and where we're heading."
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!