D-backs bring solid pitching to Colorado series
Arizona is heading up to Colorado for three games against the Rockies, who are 2-4 after facing the Houston Astros and the Giants.
Daniel Hudson starts Friday against the Rockies' Juan Nicasio. Hudson compiled a 1-2 record and 3.72 ERA against Colorado in 2011, allowing eight runs and 19 hits while striking out 20. But Hudson already has a win for the season, despite allowing four runs and five hits against the Giants on April 7.
Josh Collmenter, who tallied a 2.81 ERA and earned a 2-1 record in five games against Colorado last season, will be the starting pitcher on Saturday. He'll look get on track after following a rocky Spring Training with a rough start against San Francisco last weekend, where he pitched just three innings and allowed six runs and five hits.
Trevor Cahill will get the start for the last game of the Colorado trip. He hasn't thrown against the Rockies since his rookie season with the Oakland Athletics in 2009, but Cahill only gave up two hits and one run in his six-inning debut with the D-backs on Tuesday. He did have some trouble though, walking six batters.
The Rockies scored 29 runs in their six games this season, but more than half were accumulated in a 17-8 pounding of San Francisco on Wednesday.
The Diamondbacks were 13-5 against the Rockies in 2011 and scored an average of 5.3 runs in their meetings. Colorado finished 21 games behind Arizona last season with a 73-89 record.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.