D-backs acquire Josh Bell from Orioles
The 25-year-old switch hitter was hitting .094 with 2 doubles, a homer and 3 RBI in 9 games at Triple-A Norfolk. In his two-plus year tenure with the Orioles organization, Bell hit .200 with three home runs and 18 RBI in 79 games.
Bell, who has seen the majority of time at third base, has also played left field and right field. His versatility should provide increased depth to a D-backs roster that's been plagued by injuries in the early portion of the 2012 campaign.
In his 71 games at third base, Bell amassed a .954 fielding percentage, committing 7 errors in 151 chances.
Bell was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2005 draft before being traded to the Orioles in 2009.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!