D-backs acquire Josh Bell from Orioles
The 25-year-old switch hitter was hitting .094 with 2 doubles, a homer and 3 RBI in 9 games at Triple-A Norfolk. In his two-plus year tenure with the Orioles organization, Bell hit .200 with three home runs and 18 RBI in 79 games.
Bell, who has seen the majority of time at third base, has also played left field and right field. His versatility should provide increased depth to a D-backs roster that's been plagued by injuries in the early portion of the 2012 campaign.
In his 71 games at third base, Bell amassed a .954 fielding percentage, committing 7 errors in 151 chances.
Bell was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2005 draft before being traded to the Orioles in 2009.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.