Diamondbacks look to end five-game slide
Meanwhile, the Braves have tied a club record with six straight wins against the Diamondbacks.
Ian Kennedy will try to change all that this afternoon.
"He's been our number-one starter," said manager Kirk Gibson. "It'd be nice if he went and shut 'em out. We're not expecting him to do that. We know we need to play a good game."
Last season, Kennedy stopped losing streaks of three or more games five times.
The Diamondbacks are looking to avoid their ninth four-game sweep in club history (fourth at Chase Field). The last time they were swept in a four-game series was September 15-18, 2008 against the Giants.
some good news:
Diamondbacks game notes point out that the last four World Series Champions and 12 of the last 13 have had at least one losing streak of five or more games
Gibson said he hadn't yet talked to Justin Upton but has his rightfielder hitting 3rd this afternoon. Upton went 1-4 with a double in his return from a thumb injury yesterday.
Willie Bloomquist, Ryan Roberts are being given the day off
Bloomquist is 1-10 over his last three games
Roberts is 0-12 over his last our games
Cody Ransom gets his first start since being promoted from Triple-A Reno
Gibson said they are "still discussing" whom to start Monday. Wade Miley is "certainly one of the guys we're considering" if he doesn't pitch today.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.