Updated May 1, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Rumor: No progress on Miguel Montero contract extension
Still, there is reportedly no progress on a new contract for the free-agent-to-be, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman.
no recent napoli/tex or montero/az talks. montero seeks vmart $ (52M/4), napoli eyes vmart-plus. napoli deal more likely— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) May 1, 2012
That Montero is looking for a big contract is nothing new, and while most may feel like he's destined to hit free agency, there is still hope the two sides can come to an agreement.
However, the Diamondbacks are not a team that will carry a bloated payroll, and Montero is just one of a handful of key players who will see their contracts expire soon, including pitchers Ian Kennedy and Daniel Hudson, as well as outfielder Chris Young.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.