Updated May 1, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Rumor: No progress on Miguel Montero contract extension
Still, there is reportedly no progress on a new contract for the free-agent-to-be, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman.
no recent napoli/tex or montero/az talks. montero seeks vmart $ (52M/4), napoli eyes vmart-plus. napoli deal more likely— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) May 1, 2012
That Montero is looking for a big contract is nothing new, and while most may feel like he's destined to hit free agency, there is still hope the two sides can come to an agreement.
However, the Diamondbacks are not a team that will carry a bloated payroll, and Montero is just one of a handful of key players who will see their contracts expire soon, including pitchers Ian Kennedy and Daniel Hudson, as well as outfielder Chris Young.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.