Updated May 1, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Rumor: No progress on Miguel Montero contract extension
Still, there is reportedly no progress on a new contract for the free-agent-to-be, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman.
no recent napoli/tex or montero/az talks. montero seeks vmart $ (52M/4), napoli eyes vmart-plus. napoli deal more likely— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) May 1, 2012
That Montero is looking for a big contract is nothing new, and while most may feel like he's destined to hit free agency, there is still hope the two sides can come to an agreement.
However, the Diamondbacks are not a team that will carry a bloated payroll, and Montero is just one of a handful of key players who will see their contracts expire soon, including pitchers Ian Kennedy and Daniel Hudson, as well as outfielder Chris Young.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.