D-backs president Hall remains optimistic about team
With those words, Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that the team's issues with injuries, intermittent offense and a shaky bullpen are not a concern of his.
"I look last year at this time, I think we were 11-15 in April, this year we're two games over .500 finishing April," Hall added. "We were in fourth place last year, this year we're sitting alone in second place and we're four games behind the Dodgers who are starting to come back to reality a bit."
Optimistic? Absolutely. Then again, Hall's mindset is one of not panicking over things that, in all actuality, could even out over the course of the season.
After all, does anyone really expect Paul Goldschmidt to struggle hitting home runs? How about Justin Upton? Both have picked up their play recently, leading many to believe they are rounding into form.
But the bullpen -- and specifically closer J.J. Putz, who blew a save Wednesday night in Washington.
"His velocity is great," Hall said. "I'm not worried about J.J. at all."
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.