D-backs president Hall remains optimistic about team
With those words, Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that the team's issues with injuries, intermittent offense and a shaky bullpen are not a concern of his.
"I look last year at this time, I think we were 11-15 in April, this year we're two games over .500 finishing April," Hall added. "We were in fourth place last year, this year we're sitting alone in second place and we're four games behind the Dodgers who are starting to come back to reality a bit."
Optimistic? Absolutely. Then again, Hall's mindset is one of not panicking over things that, in all actuality, could even out over the course of the season.
After all, does anyone really expect Paul Goldschmidt to struggle hitting home runs? How about Justin Upton? Both have picked up their play recently, leading many to believe they are rounding into form.
But the bullpen -- and specifically closer J.J. Putz, who blew a save Wednesday night in Washington.
"His velocity is great," Hall said. "I'm not worried about J.J. at all."
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series