D-backs' Gibson responds to Kershaw...sort of
Tuesday, while a guest of Burns & Gambo on Arizona Sports 620, Arizona skipper Kirk Gibson was asked about Kershaw's comment that there was "no place" for the D-backs' aggressive, old-school style of baseball known unofficially as "Gibby-ball".
"I don't really know what to say to that. I have no comment on Clayton Kershaw. If he wants to talk to me about it, I mean, we're on the same field," Gibson said.
"Obviously, he's a good ball player. I just really haven't ever found the need to comment through the media about things like that."
Gibson was asked if he thought there was intent by his starter to hit Kershaw for retaliation some eight months later.
"I think he pitched him inside a couple of times," he said. "I don't know, I didn't throw the ball."
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.