D-backs' Gibson responds to Kershaw...sort of
Tuesday, while a guest of Burns & Gambo on Arizona Sports 620, Arizona skipper Kirk Gibson was asked about Kershaw's comment that there was "no place" for the D-backs' aggressive, old-school style of baseball known unofficially as "Gibby-ball".
"I don't really know what to say to that. I have no comment on Clayton Kershaw. If he wants to talk to me about it, I mean, we're on the same field," Gibson said.
"Obviously, he's a good ball player. I just really haven't ever found the need to comment through the media about things like that."
Gibson was asked if he thought there was intent by his starter to hit Kershaw for retaliation some eight months later.
"I think he pitched him inside a couple of times," he said. "I don't know, I didn't throw the ball."
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!