Diamondbacks recall Josh Bell, designate Cody Ransom for assignment
Bell, acquired by the Diamondbacks from the Orioles on April 21, hit .381 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 26 games for Triple-A Reno.
Originally selected by the Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2005 draft, the 25-year-old has appeared in 79 major league games, where he's hit .200 with three home runs and 18 RBI.
In order to make room for Bell the Diamondbacks designated infielder Cody Ransom for assignment.
The 36-year-old hit .269 with four home runs and 13 RBI since being called up on April 18, but has a low ceiling and was never considered to be a long-term option for the team.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer