Diamondbacks recall Josh Bell, designate Cody Ransom for assignment
Bell, acquired by the Diamondbacks from the Orioles on April 21, hit .381 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 26 games for Triple-A Reno.
Originally selected by the Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2005 draft, the 25-year-old has appeared in 79 major league games, where he's hit .200 with three home runs and 18 RBI.
In order to make room for Bell the Diamondbacks designated infielder Cody Ransom for assignment.
The 36-year-old hit .269 with four home runs and 13 RBI since being called up on April 18, but has a low ceiling and was never considered to be a long-term option for the team.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.