Diamondbacks recall Josh Bell, designate Cody Ransom for assignment
Bell, acquired by the Diamondbacks from the Orioles on April 21, hit .381 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 26 games for Triple-A Reno.
Originally selected by the Dodgers in the fourth round of the 2005 draft, the 25-year-old has appeared in 79 major league games, where he's hit .200 with three home runs and 18 RBI.
In order to make room for Bell the Diamondbacks designated infielder Cody Ransom for assignment.
The 36-year-old hit .269 with four home runs and 13 RBI since being called up on April 18, but has a low ceiling and was never considered to be a long-term option for the team.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.