Brewers claim third baseman Cody Ransom
The Milwaukee Brewers have claimed 36-year-old infielder Cody Ransom off of waivers from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Diamondbacks designated Ransom for assignment on Monday, and replaced him with third baseman Josh Bell.
Bell, acquired by the Diamondbacks from the Orioles on April 21, hit .381 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 26 games for Triple-A Reno.
In 248 games with five different major league teams, including the Diamondbacks, Ransom has batted .226 with nine home runs and 37 RBI.
Manager Kirk Gibson had expressed hope that Ransom would be back with the Diamondbacks later in the season to add depth at third base, before the Brewers claimed him Wednesday.
Ransom had hit .269 with four home runs and 13 RBI since being called up by the Diamondbacks on April 18.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series