Brewers claim third baseman Cody Ransom
The Milwaukee Brewers have claimed 36-year-old infielder Cody Ransom off of waivers from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Diamondbacks designated Ransom for assignment on Monday, and replaced him with third baseman Josh Bell.
Bell, acquired by the Diamondbacks from the Orioles on April 21, hit .381 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 26 games for Triple-A Reno.
In 248 games with five different major league teams, including the Diamondbacks, Ransom has batted .226 with nine home runs and 37 RBI.
Manager Kirk Gibson had expressed hope that Ransom would be back with the Diamondbacks later in the season to add depth at third base, before the Brewers claimed him Wednesday.
Ransom had hit .269 with four home runs and 13 RBI since being called up by the Diamondbacks on April 18.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!