Could D-backs call up Trevor Bauer and keep Joe Saunders?
Because, while the right-hander is tearing up Triple-A to the tune of a 3-0 record with a 1.97 ERA and 42 K's in 32 innings, there simply is no reason to replace Ian Kennedy, Daniel Hudson, Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley or Joe Saunders.
But what if the D-backs don't have to replace anyone? What if, perhaps, they just added Bauer? That's what Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro alluded to in a tweet Tuesday.
A 6-man rotation for the short term could be an option for AZ. Allows Dbacks to see if Trevor Bauer is ready before trading Joe Saunders— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) June 12, 2012
The upside to the idea is that if Bauer gets the call and is not ready, at least the team would not have traded away one of its five best pitchers. However, do the D-backs really want to take a route that would mean fewer starts for someone like Kennedy?
At any rate, it appears the allure of bringing Bauer to the show is getting to be quite strong, because the D-backs considering a six- man rotation would signify they're willing to do just about anything to get their top prospect to Chase Field.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.