Could D-backs call up Trevor Bauer and keep Joe Saunders?
Because, while the right-hander is tearing up Triple-A to the tune of a 3-0 record with a 1.97 ERA and 42 K's in 32 innings, there simply is no reason to replace Ian Kennedy, Daniel Hudson, Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley or Joe Saunders.
But what if the D-backs don't have to replace anyone? What if, perhaps, they just added Bauer? That's what Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro alluded to in a tweet Tuesday.
A 6-man rotation for the short term could be an option for AZ. Allows Dbacks to see if Trevor Bauer is ready before trading Joe Saunders— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) June 12, 2012
The upside to the idea is that if Bauer gets the call and is not ready, at least the team would not have traded away one of its five best pitchers. However, do the D-backs really want to take a route that would mean fewer starts for someone like Kennedy?
At any rate, it appears the allure of bringing Bauer to the show is getting to be quite strong, because the D-backs considering a six- man rotation would signify they're willing to do just about anything to get their top prospect to Chase Field.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series