Joe Saunders to Baltimore? Orioles may have interest
According to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Baltimore Orioles pursued the lefty in the offseason and, according to major-league sources, "appear to be the team most interested in trading for him."
The Diamondbacks are not likely looking for anything great in return for Saunders who, while carrying a solid 3.44 ERA, would be moved to make room for phenom Trevor Bauer.
What exactly the Orioles would surrender in a deal is unknown, though it's worth noting the D-backs are looking for a third baseman while Baltimore may be hoping to unload theirs.
Of course, it's doubtful the Diamondbacks have any interest in bringing Mark Reynolds and his paltry batting average back to the Valley, because no matter how hot things get here the breeze his bat provides is just not worth the hassle. So, chances are something else would have to be offered if a deal with the Orioles is going to happen.
- Didi Gregorius, D-backs' shortstop - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf get to know the D-backs' shortstop.
- Daniel Hudson, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf ask Huddy how he's feeling, how his rehab is going and is he regaining control of his pi
- Josh Collmenter, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24The D-backs' pitcher sat down with Doug & Wolf at Chase Field.
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs' pitcher - Friday May 24Doug & Wolf had a great conversation with the D-backs' pitcher.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series