Joe Saunders to Baltimore? Orioles may have interest
According to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Baltimore Orioles pursued the lefty in the offseason and, according to major-league sources, "appear to be the team most interested in trading for him."
The Diamondbacks are not likely looking for anything great in return for Saunders who, while carrying a solid 3.44 ERA, would be moved to make room for phenom Trevor Bauer.
What exactly the Orioles would surrender in a deal is unknown, though it's worth noting the D-backs are looking for a third baseman while Baltimore may be hoping to unload theirs.
Of course, it's doubtful the Diamondbacks have any interest in bringing Mark Reynolds and his paltry batting average back to the Valley, because no matter how hot things get here the breeze his bat provides is just not worth the hassle. So, chances are something else would have to be offered if a deal with the Orioles is going to happen.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.