Joe Saunders to Baltimore? Orioles may have interest
According to Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Baltimore Orioles pursued the lefty in the offseason and, according to major-league sources, "appear to be the team most interested in trading for him."
The Diamondbacks are not likely looking for anything great in return for Saunders who, while carrying a solid 3.44 ERA, would be moved to make room for phenom Trevor Bauer.
What exactly the Orioles would surrender in a deal is unknown, though it's worth noting the D-backs are looking for a third baseman while Baltimore may be hoping to unload theirs.
Of course, it's doubtful the Diamondbacks have any interest in bringing Mark Reynolds and his paltry batting average back to the Valley, because no matter how hot things get here the breeze his bat provides is just not worth the hassle. So, chances are something else would have to be offered if a deal with the Orioles is going to happen.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer