D-backs GM says Stephen Drew could return Wednesday in Atlanta
The Diamondbacks shortstop, who is currently playing in Triple-A Reno in an effort to get back to the big leagues, is hitting .250 in 32 at bats for the Aces, and even homered Wednesday night in what was his second-consecutive game.
Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he thinks Drew will be heading home to Atlanta for a bit due to a death in the family, which lines up pretty well with the Diamondbacks' schedule.
After all, they begin a road series against the Braves on June 26.
"We talked about maybe having him play a game or two in Mobile since we're on the East Coast, I think our trainer was going to talk to him about that," Towers said. "And then hopefully activate him on Wednesday."
So if all goes according to plan Drew will play a few more minor league games before getting the call to the big leagues.
Drew has not played in a game for the Diamondbacks since breaking his right ankle sliding into home July 20.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.