D-backs won't move Parra for Youkilis, but trade talks not dead
However, what the D-backs would be willing to give up to acquire the veteran is unknown, though we know one player they won't move in the deal.
According to the Boston Globe, the Red Sox asked for one of Arizona's outfielders.
Diamondbacks: They have had interest in Youkilis for some time, but they declined when the Red Sox asked for outfielder Gerardo Parra. The talks do not appear to be dead, according to a major league source.
Parra, who is hitting .267 with six home runs and 22 RBI this season, won a Gold Glove last year and has proven to be a valuable member of the team, especially with the injuries and struggles the team's outfield has faced this season.
So it's understandable that the D-backs have little interest in giving him up, even if it lands them what could be an upgrade at third base.
But as the article states, that does not mean a Youk-to- Arizona deal won't happen, just that if it does it will not involve Parra.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer