A closer look: D-backs back over .500 with win over Cubs
With a 10-5 win over the Cubs on Saturday night the Diamondbacks are over .500 for the first time since May 4th. Arizona will now win its fifth straight series at home and their 11-5 in their last 16 games overall. Once again the bullpen picked up the starting pitching. They've recorded 9 2/3 scoreless innings in the last two games.
Starter Ian Kennedy continues to be frustrated with his lack of consistency. On Saturday he last just 4 1/3 innings and allowed five earned runs on 10 hits. Kennedy was especially frustrated with his performance because he knew his bullpen needed a break after Friday night's game where Joe Saunders was scratched at the last minute.
He said it:
Kennedy: "I just tell the relievers I'm sorry cause last night they worked. It's always nice when you win cause the offense is carrying us right now. This is not, I am not real, real happy with my own personal outing so I am just happy that we won."
Leftfielder Jason Kubel currently leads the National League with 22 RBI in the month of June. That is just one RBI shy of matching his career monthly high, which was 23 back in August of 2010. Aaron Hill continued his hot streak and his home hit streak now stands at 15 games.
Coming up next:
The D-backs wrap up this series with the Cubs Sunday at Chase Field. Wade Miley (8-3) will face Matt Garza (3-5). With a win on Sunday, the Dbacks would sweep the series.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday May 23Hall talks to Doug & Wolf about injured players and the upcoming series
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday May 23Timmy gives us insider insight into this week's top MLB headlines.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday May 22Are the D-backs ready for the upcoming MLB June draft? What's the latest on Adam Eaton?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs' Manager - Tuesday May 21Gibby on Pat Corbin, Adam Eaton's return, & Paul Goldschmidt's success.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.