Report: Trevor Bauer to get major league call-up
Bauer, who started for Triple-A Reno Sunday, was pulled after only throwing 50 pitches. The right-hander tossed 2 2/3 innings, allowing one run on two hits with two walks and five punchouts against Salt Lake City in his shortened stint.
According to sources, Sunday's start was an ideal off-day side session for the youngster, in preparation for Thursday's start in Atlanta.
The 21-year-old would step into Joe Saunders' spot in the rotation, after the veteran hurler was sidelined with left shoulder inflammation Saturday.
The third player taken in the 2011 draft, Bauer has compiled a pristine 4-0 record with a 2.82 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings pitched at Reno. He is 11-1 with a 2.23 ERA and 116 punchouts at two minor league levels this season.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer