Report: Trevor Bauer to get major league call-up
Bauer, who started for Triple-A Reno Sunday, was pulled after only throwing 50 pitches. The right-hander tossed 2 2/3 innings, allowing one run on two hits with two walks and five punchouts against Salt Lake City in his shortened stint.
According to sources, Sunday's start was an ideal off-day side session for the youngster, in preparation for Thursday's start in Atlanta.
The 21-year-old would step into Joe Saunders' spot in the rotation, after the veteran hurler was sidelined with left shoulder inflammation Saturday.
The third player taken in the 2011 draft, Bauer has compiled a pristine 4-0 record with a 2.82 ERA and 56 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings pitched at Reno. He is 11-1 with a 2.23 ERA and 116 punchouts at two minor league levels this season.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.