D-backs have exorcised home demons
The Diamondbacks' success at home in 2011 (third-best home record in the National League) helped them to a NL West title, so enduring a stretch where they went 10-15 at Chase through May was a bit alarming.
But, it's safe to say that Kirk Gibson's team is once again comfortable playing in downtown Phoenix.
Arizona finished up their June home schedule with a sterling 10-2 mark following a weekend sweep of the Chicago Cubs.
And since the calendar flipped 25 days ago, the D-backs' offense is absolutely killing the baseball. During the 12 home games in June, Arizona batted .333 (141-for-423), hit a blistering .347 (40-for-115) with runners in scoring position and clubbed 22 home runs.
Their offensive onslaught during the most recent homestand against the Mariners and Cubs featured 51 runs, 14 home runs, a .342 team batting average and a .411 clip of hitting with runners in scoring position.
The Diamondbacks themselves don't seem to be too surprised by the home turnaround.
"That's what we thought would happen and we're finally doing it now. Hopefully, it keeps going on," said outfielder Jason Kubel, whose had his fingerprints all over this offensive turnaround.
In June, Kubel is hitting .400 (18-for-45) with five home runs and 19 RBI at home.
Kubel and his mates will try to keep the bats hot as the embark on a 6-game road trip that takes them to Atlanta and Milwaukee.
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.