Updated Jun 28, 2012 - 12:55 pm
Bauer's debut not the only anticipated Valley beginning
Since signing with Arizona, Bauer has dominated at three levels of the minor leagues, going 12-3 with a 3.03 ERA in 23 starts over the last two seasons.
Bauer makes his long-awaited MLB debut Thursday night when he faces the Atlanta Braves at Turner Field.
His debut is the latest in a long line of anticipated appearances in Valley sports history.
We've put together a slideshow of some of the other anticipated debuts in Phoenix sports history -- whether they worked out well or not.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.