D-backs president Hall discusses Daron Sutton situation
The Diamondbacks President, known for being accessible and fan-friendly, understands why people are looking for answers with regards to broadcaster Daron Sutton's ongoing absence from the booth.
Yet, as he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday, he's not really at liberty to divulge much information.
"The entire situation, really, it obviously stinks," Hall said. "I don't think our folks could say when and if he'll be back.
"I should say when."
Hall said it's disappointing he cannot say much more because the Diamondbacks, as a whole, are a very "transparent" organization.
"But when you get into personnel issues, it's policy that we have to keep them private," Hall said. "So there hasn't been much that we can say publicly, and I know that Daron would like to keep it that way as well."
Hall said everything will be worked out at some point, but he cannot really give a definitive timetable for when that will happen.
And this whole situation, he said, has not been easy to deal with.
"You're talking to someone who really loves Daron Sutton as an individual, and someone who hired him, someone who agreed on an extension," Hall said. "He's been an important part of what we've done in the past.
"I wish it weren't this way and I wish there was more that we could say, but we can't."
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.