D-backs president Hall discusses Daron Sutton situation
The Diamondbacks President, known for being accessible and fan-friendly, understands why people are looking for answers with regards to broadcaster Daron Sutton's ongoing absence from the booth.
Yet, as he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday, he's not really at liberty to divulge much information.
"The entire situation, really, it obviously stinks," Hall said. "I don't think our folks could say when and if he'll be back.
"I should say when."
Hall said it's disappointing he cannot say much more because the Diamondbacks, as a whole, are a very "transparent" organization.
"But when you get into personnel issues, it's policy that we have to keep them private," Hall said. "So there hasn't been much that we can say publicly, and I know that Daron would like to keep it that way as well."
Hall said everything will be worked out at some point, but he cannot really give a definitive timetable for when that will happen.
And this whole situation, he said, has not been easy to deal with.
"You're talking to someone who really loves Daron Sutton as an individual, and someone who hired him, someone who agreed on an extension," Hall said. "He's been an important part of what we've done in the past.
"I wish it weren't this way and I wish there was more that we could say, but we can't."
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer